During the course of an interview, the employer will be evaluating your negative factors as well as your positive attributes.
Listed below are negative factors frequently evaluated during the course of an interview and those, which most often lead to rejection?
- Poor personal appearance.
- Overbearing-aggressive - conceited 'superiority complex' 'know-it-all.'
- Inability to express thoughts clearly poor diction or grammar.
- Lack of planning for career - no purpose or goals.
- Lack of interest and enthusiasm-passive and indifferent.
- Lack of confidence - nervousness.
- Over-emphasis on money - interested only in remuneration.
- Evasive - makes excuses for unfavorable factors in record.
- Lack of tact/maturity/courtesy.
- Condemnation of past employers.
- Failure to look interviewer in the eye.
- Limp handshake.
- Lack of appreciation of the value of experience.
- Persistent attitude of 'what can you do for me?'
- Lack of preparation for interview-failure to get information about the company, resulting in inability to ask intelligent questions